There are two book clubs at St. Mark, a Women’s only book group that discusses common literature, and an open book group that studies Patristics and church writings.
St. Mark Women’s Book Club
Meets the last Sunday of each month following Divine Liturgy in the parish library (unless otherwise noted in the Weekly Bulletin). All women of St. Mark are welcome to participate. The group has been reading books from a wide range of genres including biographies, fiction, and spiritual reading. All suggested reading is voluntary and women may choose to participate regularly or only if they are interested in a particular selection. If you would like to be on the email list, or for more information, please contact Matushka Sasha Safchuk at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Below are upcoming readings:
- JUNE 26: The Assembler of Parts by Raoul Wientzen.
- AUGUST 30: The Book Thief by Markus Zusak.
- SEPTEMBER 27: The Time Keeper by Mitch Albom.
- OCTOBER 25: Still Alice by Lisa Genova.
St. Mark Patristic Book Club
Meetings are currently on hold. Typically, the club meets bimonthly (see the Weekly Bulletin). Parishioners and friends of St. Mark are welcome to participate. The group will be reading books from the early church Fathers. Sessions will be led by Michelle Bahumian, M.Div.
- Future meeting dates are currently on hold. Please refer to the weekly bulletin for updates.